2.15.2010

Snow Ice Cream

I have fond childhood memories of snow ice cream, and as the years went by it is something I sort of forgot about. But with this abundance of snow on the ground, and a gentle reminder, we decided to go for it with gusto! I'm posting here, because it is so simple and easy this could be a great cold weather camping activity.

Three ingredients, period. Eight cups of fresh clean snow, one small (14oz) can of sweetened condensed milk, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir well and eat immediately! I have found it does not store in the freezer well, at all. But fresh? Fantastic! It tastes like real homemade ice cream!

The condensed milk and vanilla are small enough to include in with cold weather camping gear, and this yields a yummy treat. I imagine eating snow ice cream under the stars by a roaring camp fire would be nothing short of divine. 

And for those who are nowhere near the snowfest, shaved ice does just as good. What a great treat! The addition of chocolate syrup is pretty good, too. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information on cold weather camping I have not tried it yet but I think I would enjoy it. I enjoy nature and being outdoors, and would think camping on a cold night would be peaceful and that I would sleep like a bear. (lol) It wold also me very picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the snow ice-cream by a roaring fire makes me want to pack up and head toward the mountains....I like your blog

    ReplyDelete